The Maue Five

The Maue Five

Welcome

Follow us on our journey to bring Max home

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas




We had a great Christmas. Max went to his first Church service on Friday night. I think he was a bit overwhelmed. We have a very close church family and everyone knew of our adoption. When we came into church a lot of people were welcoming him and saying hi Max. I could see in his eyes he was thinking how do all these people know my name? He did fall asleep during the service and slept for about 3 hours. My two brothers and their families came over for Christmas Eve, Max finally woke up. He opened a present, something you had to put together and he loved it. Christmas day was fun he liked his lego's and nerf gun and light saber. I got everyone a nerf gun except for me. I should of gotten a shield!! Dave is having so much fun with some boy toys. No more barbies. Actually the girls are having fun with his toys as well. They both got light sabers too. Yes I know they are 14 and 17 but Dave is 45 and he is having fun with them too. We went to Daves mom's house for Christmas dinner and he went sledding with his cousins. He had a blast. He is a little daredevil. He liked to jump in front of the on coming sledders. After he became a speed bump a couple of time he stopped doing it.
Max is adjusting well although he is very stubborn and only want to do what he wants. We have a hard time convincing him to get in the car to go somewhere. We are leaving in a few minutes, we have a couple of stops to make then we are going out to dinner today is my birthday. We are going to a Chinese restaurant so Max can eat something. We are having a hard time finding things he will eat. One of our stops is the Asian market I am hoping he will pick out a few things. Right now he is playing the WII with his sisters. He has won a couple of times and he is pretty proud of himself. We will have to pull him away in a couple minutes. I will have to tell you how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looks so happy!! Merry Merry & Happy Happy - so glad to hear Max is settling in and adjusting. If there is anything you need from a BIG Asian market - let me know.. I can easily send something from here... even a chicken head (ROFLOL) if you really need one! Love the pics!!

    Hugs, Missy & Co.

    ReplyDelete