The Maue Five

The Maue Five

Welcome

Follow us on our journey to bring Max home

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Done with paperwork

I know its been awhile since I have blogged. It seems like we never have enough time just to relax and hang out. I now have 15 min before we meet downstairs for our fair well dinner together. It's all bitter sweet. We have been all together sharing this experience and I will miss everyone. I am also glad we will be back home in a few days. Max came up to me today and gave me a hug and said wo ai ni Mama sounds like wall eye knee it means I love you and then he said wo ai ni baba. It was so cute, it was right after the oath taking ceremony at the US embassy. It really was unprompted and was so sweet. Our paperwork is all done.
On Sunday I went on the city tour, Dave, Kim, Kasey and Max did not go. We all met up at restaurant for Dim Sum. Dim Sum is like little appetizer foods. I really am looking forward to eating at home. I have to say I do like having someone make my bed and restock the towels.
Monday we had to go back and have Max's TB test read, all is good.
We also went to the White Swan Hotel and had our picture taken on the red couch. This is something most adoptive families do. The picture was soon after Max puked from the bus ride.
Tuesday we went to the safari park. It was really a nice park with a lot of animals. The pandas were so cool. I have to say the giraffes were my favorite. You could buy some branches and feed them. They were so close you could pet them. Max is not afraid of animals at all. You could also buy pieces of raw meat and feed the lions. Max picked out a stuffed parrot for his souvenir. As we were leaving the park we passed a bunch of parrots one looked just like his stuffed one he wanted to show them to each other. The real parrot was very curious.
We have had a few battles. He is testing the boundaries. As long as we do everything he wants he is fine but as soon as something doesn't go his way watch out. He is so stubborn. Kasey has some competition.
Tomorrow we are gonna do some shopping. Dave and Max will not go. It's gonna only be in the 40s here. I know what some of you are thinking. Quit complaining. I am not looking forward to coming home to single digits.



Sharon,Eva, Angie .....Eva is from our adoption agency



Max and his friend TJ



Outside the hotel



Inside the hotel, our hotel is the headquarters for the Asian para games going on now.



All the adopted kids from our group



Our family red couch photo



Buddies



Boat cruise






Don't know what our meal was. Max ate it.









Zoo, white tiger

































Bath time Max has bubble muscles

No comments:

Post a Comment